Filming the Future is a free film making course aimed at 16-25’s with an emphasis on learning through doing.
• The learning will be informal and responsive in approach and centred around individual needs, experience and aspirations.
• It has embedded key skills and tailored support to enable participants to develop in confidence and to progress on to some form of education or
• Participants will develop creative, practical and transferable skills through the process of film making.
• The course duration: weekly sessions / 12 weeks (72 hours).
Activities will include:
• Collaboration with a small team to devise and produce a short film.
• Exploring a range of approaches to film making.
• Use of cameras, sound equipment and editing software.
• Design and deliver a final presentation/showing event.
Students will gain experience of the following:
• Developing their reading, writing and speaking skills – creative and purposeful communication.
• Viewing and discussing, including contextual research of film and documentaries
• Interacting with professional workshop leaders, responding to exemplar material and sharing expertise.
• Receive professional guidance from industry speakers, course advisors from NUA / Access Creative and the National Careers Service.
• Create a Learning Journal, in their chosen format, to evidence and evaluate personal experiences and outcomes.
• Students can benefit from a Bursary to allow them to gain access to additional learning.
We would like to hear from potential students that meet the eligibility requirements:
• Aged between 16-25.
• Not in Education or Employment.
• Eligible to live and work in the UK and receive ESF funded support.
**APPLICATION DEADLINE** 25TH FEBRUARY 2021
To support their application, they would need to provide the following:
A COMPLETED APPLICATION FORM (see attached)
• A personal statement about why you want to do a course in film making and how it will help you start or continue their journey - interests /
passions / career.
• A folio of anything technical/video/music/art/graphics/photography/spoken word etc.
Based on this information, we would offer a short and informal interview at Make Play Connect on either 26TH/27TH FEBRUARY 2021
Organisation: Make Play Connect
Contact: Gillian Francis - 07929593252
Age groups: 16 to 18, 18 to 25
5 ways to wellbeing: Keep learning, Connect, Take notice
Dates: 10th March 2021 - 10th June 2021
Time: 10am to 4pm
How to join: Booking required
Location: 2, Angel Road, Norwich.