BBC Children in Need Launches COVID-19 Next Step Grants Programme
BBC Children in Need is providing this grants programme as a separate programme to its Large Grants and Small Grants programme.
The funding is intended to benefit not-for-profit organisations working with children and young people aged 0-18 years who are disadvantage including illness; distress; abuse or neglect; any kind of disability; behavioural or psychological difficulties; or living in poverty or situations of deprivation. The funder has provided a list of children and young people identified as being particularly impacted by the coronavirus/COVID-19 crisis.
Grants of up to £80,000 are available to help organisations with more complex service adaption, including additional staffing requirements. It is designed to be as flexible as possible, covering a wide range of activities. Projects can last up to 18 months and need to begin in September 2020.
Due to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, the funder has temporarily broadened the types of applications accepted.
Applications for the following are encouraged:
- Project delivery
- Creative solutions to deliver much needed services
- Organisational stability and support
Organisations must be registered with the appropriate regulatory body, such as their nation’s Charity Commission or companies House (unless the applicant organisation currently holds a BBC Children in Need grant).
Priority will be given to organisations that:
- Target children and young people disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have mission statements which focus on supporting and empowering a particular group or community experiencing disadvantage.
- Respond confidently in a local area and are best placed to do so. The programme wants to fund organisations that have the reach and trust of the communities/communities of interest they serve.
- Can prove a track record of engaging disadvantaged children and young people over the last two years.
The deadline for applications is 1 July 2020. Applications will be assessed in the order received.
Link is here: www.bbcchildreninneed.co.uk/grants/apply