Summer Holiday Activities: Expression of Interest
The Norwich Opportunity Fund is inviting ideas from local providers or schools about how funding could best be used in your communities, particularly to support families in response to the current situation.
The focus on the appeal is to:
- Support disadvantaged pupils in the school holidays;
- Keep schools open during the holidays so that pupils have a safe place (School or community venue) to go and get a decent meal;
- Fund engaging/learning activities in the holidays that pupils might not ordinarily have chance to take part in.
Given current pressures on schools, the ongoing needs of families during this crisis and uncertainty about when schools and communities will return to “normal” the focus of the appeal can be flexible to respond to current circumstances.
Funding for the school holiday period could be used to support children who are unable to attend school due to Covid-19 disruption, i.e. disadvantaged pupils who are unable to access school during the summer term could be supported.
Expressions of interest are invited from voluntary or community organisations (including registered charities/companies) or from schools.
Individuals not constituted within an organisation are not eligible to apply.
The funds desired outcomes are:
- Provide a regular free decent meal for children in Norwich.
- Provide take-away resources pupils could use at home to support their ongoing learning.
- Provide engaging activities pupils can participate in over summer that they wouldn’t usually take part in (in line with social distancing measures as appropriate at that time).
- Encourage (and provide resources/information to enable) pupils to engage in activities with their families that encourage them to learn something new, encourage healthy active lifestyles and explore the world around them.
- Encourage and support pupils to take part in activities that encourage them to stay positive when things are uncertain, recognise how much they’ve learnt outside of school and build up their confidence about returning to formal learning.
For further details and to submit your ideas, please complete the expressions of interest form on the right under related downloads.
Deadline for EOI: Friday 12 June