Family Matters Project subscription service enables Norfolk schools to access our full range of family support services at a reasonable cost to them and free of charge to families in need, schools buy a package of points which they use as and when needed, we carry out an assessment visit with referred families to work with them on agreeing a support package., schools agree (with our recommendation) the amount of points to allocate to each individual family or spend their hours on workshops or courses which we run in schools for groups of children and or Parents/carers
The services available through the subscription scheme include:
• One to One Parent Support
• One to One Child Support around wishes and feelings
• Learning and training activities for parents/carers – from taster sessions, workshops on dealing with Stress, improving confidence, Communicated better with your children and family, Learning Matters and bespoke workshops designed around schools needs. We also offer two seven-week Level One accredited courses- Crafty Parents, My Time.
• Parent Drop-Ins to build relationships with schools, build peer support, encourage parents to have a voice, and introduce parents to services.
• Child Groups, for example around transitioning schools, building friendships or developing confidence.
• Time Together workshops, to encourage family communication and enhance family bonds.
The subscribing schools can have services tailored to their needs, and the needs of the families they support. This flexibility enables the organisations to expand the capacity of their existing workers, such as Parent Support Advisers, by working alongside them to offer enhanced expertise and swift follow-up services. We offer an easy referral route and undertake to contact families within three working days of referral being made.
Family Matters project has a highly successful record of working in areas of high-deprivation with families experiencing multiple and complex needs. Our approach is to build trust with families and for participants to progress at their own pace with our support.
Cost: on leaflet