Baking for Wellbeing - Cooking Course
- Contact: The Shoebox Team - 01603 850309
- Cost: Free
- Dates: Until 15th June 2022
- Location: The Shoebox Community Hub, 21-23 Castle Meadow, Norwich
Join us for a free, supportive, practical and fun cooking course!
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills you can share with your community. You'll get the skills you need to cook for friends and family, host a community picnic and much more! You can cook with a supportive friendly group and make meals in pairs.
The course offers 4 half day cooking sessions and a 2 hour consolidation session to help you continue cooking and share it with your local community.
Each practical cooking session will include:
- A cooking demonstration by the tutor, with tasters!
- Reviewing the recipe and selecting equipment and ingredients needed
- Cooking a simple and affordable nutritious dish following a step by step recipe with the supportive tutor
- Health and safety and food hygiene guidance appropriate to the dishes being created
- Clearing away and cleaning up afterwards
- You can eat what you have cooked together after the session or take what they have cooked home to eat later with friends or family
All ingredients and equipment will be provided.
Examples of meals you could make:
- Vegetable Curry and Flatbread
- Vegetable Soup and Bread Rolls
- Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Cottage Pie
- Apple Crumble
The cooking courses are suitable for people who have little or no cooking experience as well as those that want to build their skills and confidence. You will be given a branded apron at the start of the course along with a binder to keep all the recipes from the course and notes that you wish to make throughout!
There are two courses to choose from, both taking place at The Shoebox:
Cooking Course 1:
Sat 23rd Apr 11.30am to 3pm
Sat 30th Apr 11.30am to 3pm
Sat 7th May 11.30am to 3pm
Sat 14th May 11.30am to 3pm
Sat 21st May 11.30am to 1.30pm
Cooking Course 2:
Weds 11th May 9.30am to 1pm
Weds 18th May 9.30am to 1pm
Weds 25th May 9.30am to 1pm
Weds 8th June 9.30am to 1pm
Weds 15th June 9.30am to 11.30am
These sessions are open to those who live under Norwich City Council. If you'd like to get involved with Baking for Wellbeing but don't live under Norwich City Council, please get in touch and we can add you to our waiting list for future cooking and baking courses.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE:
Email email@example.com or call 01603 850309.
Are you interested in baking? We will also have 2 Baking for Wellbeing Baking Courses coming up soon. Get in touch to find out more!
Please be aware that while we love skills sharing, this event is restricted to residents living in the Norwich City Council's boundary only. If you are not sure, you can check it here: www.gov.uk/find-local-council
Read more about Baking for Wellbeing here: https://www.theshoebox.org.uk/baking-for-wellbeing/