Home Instead knows how difficult and emotional it can be to support someone living with dementia. Knowing how to respond to the behaviours and situations caused by dementia is unfamiliar to many.
To help, we offer regular free workshops in Norwich to support those who care for a friend or family member with dementia, or come into contact with those with dementia through their work or volunteering.
Our sessions provide practical skills and cover topics including:
- Understanding the different types of dementia, their causes, symptoms and impact on behaviour
- Capturing Life’s Journey – the benefits of recording information about the life of the person and how this can be used to enhance care
- Help with communication and understanding behaviours and needs
- Engaging in activities
- Supporting nutrition and hydration.
- Planning ahead
- Other health concerns
- Stress and caring for the family carer
We can tailor sessions to particular groups of people e.g. business organisations or volunteers at dementia cafe's and also offer Alzheimer's Society, Dementia Friends sessions.
We hold monthly workshops at are training suite in Norwich and are also able to deliver sessions at community venues in Norwich.
Please contact Erin Guyton at email@example.com or 01603 482116 for further information.
Contact: Erin Guyton - 01603 482116