Lumi Terms and Conditions
About us and how to contact us
Lumi is hosted by Norwich City Council (Council) to facilitate sharing of information between groups, organisations, businesses and residents.
We designed Lumi as a community resource to support the City in embracing a sharing culture, where members can share Space, Stuff, Skills and information to help our communities grow stronger.
The Council takes no responsibility for interactions or sharing activities other than our own activities and shares.
To contact us please email: email@example.com
The following definitions apply:
- “Member” refers to an individual resident, community or voluntary organisation or group, trust, partnership, company or any other body, registered to share Listings on the site.
- “User” refers to an individual, regardless of being a member or not who uses the site.
- “Listings” refers to all information uploaded or shared on the site including links to videos, social media, photos and pdf’s.
To register as a member, you must be 18 years or older.
You must agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process, including your real name and address.
We reserve the right to refuse membership for any reason at our sole discretion.
By using this site you are accepting these terms.
When you register to become a member, you will be required to indicate your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions by clicking the “I Accept” button.
Additional terms that may apply to you
- User Agreement policy which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this User Agreement Policy.
Changes to the site
We will occasionally update this site or its contents to improve your experience. We will try to give reasonable notice of any major changes, but are under no legal obligation to do so.
Suspension or withdrawal of to the site
The site is provided free of charge.
We don’t guarantee the site or any content on it will always be available or uninterrupted.
We may suspend, withdraw or restrict availability of all or any part of the site for business or operational reasons. We will not be liable if the site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Using the material on the site
We, our suppliers or Members are the owners of the intellectual property rights in our site and/or in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. We do not claim any rights to third-party content shared using our application(s) and/ or website.
We grant you use of the site for its intended purposes subject to your agreement to comply with these terms and conditions and other policies mentioned within it.
You may print off and download extracts from the site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site. You must not modify paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or download. Further you must not use any illustrations, photos, videos or graphics separately from its accompanying text.
The site and any authors of the content used from the site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any of the sites’ content for commercial purposes without obtaining prior permission from us or our licensors.
Information held on this site
Please note that
- The Council DOES NOT actively participate in any transactions.
- The Council DOES NOT verify or guarantee the accuracy of any information posted by members with regard to the content, authenticity, accuracy, quality or value of anything shared.
- The site, its content and any services offered via the site whether by us or any other third party DOES NOT in any way constitute any legal, professional or trading advice. The site is merely a platform that provides the structure to share information provided by members.
- The Council DOES NOT guarantee that transactions entered into between Users will be completed.
- The Council DOES NOT accept any responsibility for the results of any action taken on the basis of the information provided on the site, including all warranties, implied warranties and fitness for purpose.
- You agree you are solely and exclusively responsible for, must evaluate and make your own judgement about, and bear all risks associated with:
- Your interactions with other Members and / or Users, whether online or in person and
- Your use of any items, products, space or services obtained via the site.
- You acknowledge that the Council DOES NOT screen or investigate the background of any Users, nor do we verify or otherwise warrant the accuracy of any representations or statements made to you by any User to you or others regarding products or services.
- You hereby acknowledge that the Listings have been supplied by third parties. The Council does not guarantee the veracity, authenticity, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or fit for purpose of the Listings and / or any data provided by the third party. Users should always make their own detailed enquiries into every relevant aspect of the information. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of the Council for any errors, omissions or inaccurate information held on the site.
- You acknowledge that all information, opinions and comments within the Listings are those of the Members and not the Council and no liability is accepted for any damage or loss arising from any action taken by a third party as a result of viewing any Listing.
- You acknowledge your dealings with other Users, and any terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and the User exclusively and does not involve the Council or its partners. It is your sole responsibility to take whatever precautions you deem appropriate prior to interactions and transactions with other Users whether online or in person.
Linking to websites:
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of the linked websites or of any information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources.
User-Generated content is not approved by us
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Our responsibility for loss or damaged suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents, subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use the site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the site.
In particular we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business or revenue;
- business interruptions;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation.
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage
If you are a consumer user:
Please note that we only provide the site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
Insurance is recommended prior to use of any items, products, space or services of the site.
- You are solely responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of lending, leasing, distributing, borrowing, renting, selling or otherwise obtaining and / or using any items, products, space or services via the site.
- You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any insurance, which you deem necessary or advisable to cover any loss or damages to goods and / or incurred by anyone in connection with the use or provision of the items, products, space or services via the site.
- To the extent that you maintain such insurance, you are solely responsible for ensuring that your policy covers the intended exchange of items, products, space or services via the site.
Uploading content to the site
Any content uploaded onto the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
Ownership rights of your content are retained, but you are required to grant us and our Users a licence to use, store copy, distribute and share the information with third parties.
We retain the right to disclose your identify if content uploaded is claimed to be violate the intellectual property rights of a third party.
We have the right to remove any information uploaded that fails to comply with our User Agreement policy.
Uploading content and your rights
You own all of the content and information that is shared and where the content is covered by intellectual property rights, you grant us and other Users a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with our site (IP Licence). Furthermore you hereby confirm you hold the necessary permissions and authority to grant these rights.
You are responsible for and agree that your listings will not:
- Contain any misrepresentations, be unlawful, illegal, defamatory, deceptive, racist, harmful, libellous, offensive, distasteful, hateful, misleading, or of an obscene or menacing nature.
- Contain viruses or any technology designed to disrupt or damage any software. You must not knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Infringe the rights, including privacy, confidentiality, and intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Cause any User distress, anxiety or discomfort.
- Negatively impact on the name, goodwill or reputation of Lumi, the Council or our partners.
We retain the right to disclose your identity if content uploaded is claimed to violate the intellectual property rights of a third party.
We have the right to remove any information uploaded that fails to comply with our User Agreement policy.
We’re not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
Linking to our site
You may link to Lumi, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of approval or endorsement on our part where it does not exist.
You must not establish a link to our site from a website that you do not own.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission or the HTML code without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our User Agreement policy.
Termination and suspension of your account
When a breach of these terms and conditions or any policies referred within them has occurred, this may result in any or all of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material you have uploaded onto the site.
- An issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for the reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis, including reasonable administrative and legal costs.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities.
- Plus any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
We exclude all liability for any actions taken in response to a breach of these terms and conditions or any other document referred within them.
Suspension or termination of your account will result in the deletion of your accounts and all content and uploads within these accounts.
Any persons holding a terminated account with not be granted permission to re-register without our prior consent.
These terms and conditions will remain in full effect while you use the site. You may terminate your membership by following the instructions on your account settings page.
We may terminate your use of the site at any time without warning.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?